Alain Pecker is Professor of Civil Engineering at the Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées. He is also Honorary President of the French Association of Earthquake Engineering and member of several French and international technical committees for earthquake geotechnical engineering. He was elected to the National Academy of Technologies in the year of 2000. His professional interest lies in soil behaviour, wave propagation analyses, earthquake foundation design and liquefaction analyses. Author of one book on Soil Dynamics and co-author of two books on earthquake engineering, he has published more than 70 papers in technical journals and conferences and has received several awards for his activities.
- H. Afra and A. Pecker  "Calculation of free field response spectrum of a non-homogeneous soil deposit from bedrock response spectrum", Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 157-165.
- C. Crémer, A. Pecker, L. Davenne  "Modelling Of Non Linear Dynamic Behaviour Of A Shallow Strip Foundation With Macro-Element", Accepted for publication in Journal of Earthquake Engineering.
- C. Crémer, A. Pecker, L. Davenne  "Cyclic Macro-Element Of Soil-Structure Interaction. Material And Geometrical Nonlinearities", International Journal of Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, Vol. 25, pp. 1257-1284.
- A. Pecker, J.H. Prevost and L. Dormieux  "Analysis Of Pore Pressure Generation And Dissipation In Cohesionless Materials During Seismic Loading", Journal of Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 441-464.
- A. Pecker and M.J. Pender  "Earthquake Resistant Design Of Foundations: New Construction", Invited paper, GeoEng2000, Vol 1, pp. 313-332.