Enrico Spacone is Professor of Structural Engineering at the University of Chieti. He is also member of the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Colorado, Boulder. His main research interests are: nonlinear modelling of building and bridges, bond-slip problems in reinforced concrete and steel-concrete mixed structures, strengthening/retrofitting of existing structures with Fiber Reinforced Polymers (FRP), computational methods in nonlinear frame analysis, application of nonlinear analysis in seismic design codes. He has published over 60 papers in international journals and conferences. He is an Associate Editor for the ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering. He has carried out research work in collaboration with several international and national research groups. He is involved in the National Science Foundation George E. Brown, Jr. Network for Earthquake Engineering Simulation (NEES). Further information can be found here.
- Limkatanyu, S. and Spacone, E.  "R/C Frame Element with Bond Interfaces. Part 1: Displacement-Based, Force-Based and Mixed Formulations." ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, 128(3), pp. 346-355. "R/C Frame Element with Bond Interfaces. Part 2: Element State Determination and Numerical Validation." ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, 128(3), pp. 356-364.
- Kwon, M., and Spacone, E.  "Three Dimensional Finite Element Analyses of Reinforced Concrete Columns." Computers and Structures, 80, pp.199-212.
- Aprile, A., Spacone, E., and Limkatanyu, S.  "Role of Bond in Beams Strengthened with Steel and FRP Plates." ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, 127(12), pp. 1445-1452.
- Salari, M.R., and Spacone, E.  "Analysis of Steel-Concrete Composite Frames with Bond-Slip." ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, 127(11), pp. 1243-1250.
- Spacone, E., Filippou, F.C., and Taucer, F.F.  "Fiber Beam-Column Model for Nonlinear Analysis of R/C Frames. Part I: Formulation." Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 25, N. 7., pp. 711-725.