- 1986: M.Sc. in Civil Engineering at the University of Napoli Federico II.
- 1991: Ph.D. in Geotechnical Engineering at the University of Napoli Federico II.
- 1990: Research engineer - Scientist assistant at the University of Texas at Austin (USA).
- 1990 to 1998: Research Assistant, University of Napoli Federico II.
- 1998 to 2003: Associate Professor, University of Calabria.
- 2003 to 2007: Full Professor, University of Calabria.
- 2007 to date: Full Professor, University of Napoli Federico II.
- 1994 to 2001: taught ‘Soil Dynamics’ at the University of Napoli Federico II.
- 1998 to 2008: taught ‘Geotechnical Engineering’, ‘Foundations’, 'Soil Mechanics', 'Geotechnical Testing', ‘Geotechnical Design for Slope Stabilization’ and 'Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering' at the University of Calabria.
- Currently: teaching ‘Foundations’ and 'Soil Dynamics and Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering' at the University of Napoli Federico II.
- Geotechnical characterisation and seismic microzonation of urban areas;
- Advanced experimental techniques for the measurement of soil mechanical properties;
- Constitutive modelling of soil behaviour at small strain levels;
- Analysis of foundations, earth dams, coastal and underground structures, under working and seismic loadings;
- Seismic site response analysis of historical towns in middle-southern Italy;
- Large ground deformations and slope instability induced by earthquakes and other natural events;
- Propagation and attenuation measures of railway and other man-made vibrations;
- Advanced monitoring and ground improvement technologies for the seismic risk reduction.
SELECTED RESEARCH RELATED ACTIVITIES
- More than 100 papers published for national and international journals and conferences, monographs, textbooks, technical reports.
- Coordinator of research units and tasks in national research projects on soil dynamics and earthquake engineering.
- Member of scientific committees, chairman and discussion leader, session or panel reporter at national and international conferences.
Active member of national and international Technical and Scientific Committees on:
- geotechnical testing (ISSMGE-ETC5),
- earthquake geotechnical engineering (ISSMGE ETC8 and TC203, PIANC WG34).
- Member of the GEER (Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering Reconnaissance) Association.
- Member of the board council of the Italian Geotechnical Society (AGI) and of the Editorial Board of the Italian Geotechnical Journal.
More information can be found here.