My research deals with numerical modeling of seismic wave propagation in three dimensional models of the Earth.
- At the global scale, I have been developping a parallel spectral element method, which includes important effects for the low frequency response of the Earth: rotation, self-gravitation and arbitrary stratification of the fluid outer core. I am working on this topic within the Waves & Internal Structure of the Earth team , in collaboration with Bernard Valette from Chambéry.
- At the regional scale, I am interested in modeling 3D site effects in sedimentary basins. I am working on this topic within the Seismic Risk team, and participate to the SISMOVALP european project to better understand wave propagation in Alpine valleys. I collaborate on this topic with Dimitri Komatitsch from the Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour.
- Chaljub E., Komatitsch D., Capdeville Y., Vilotte J-P., Valette B., Festa G. Spectral Element Analysis in Seismology. In Advances in Wave Propagation in Heterogeneous Media, edited by Ru-Shan Wu and Valérie Maupin, "Advances in Geophysics" series, Elsevier, vol. 48, p 365-419
- Chaljub E., Valette B., Festa G. Spectral element modeling of three dimensional wave propagation in a self-gravitating Earth with an arbitrarily stratified outer core. Geophys. J. Int., vol 158, p. 131-141.
- Chaljub E., Capdeville Y., Vilotte J-P. Solving Elastodynamics in a Fluid-Solid Heterogeneous Sphere: a Parallel Spectral Element Approximation on Non-Conforming Grids. J. Comp. Phys., vol 187 (2), p. 457-491.
- Capdeville Y., Chaljub E., Vilotte J-P., Montagner J-P. Coupling the spectral element method with a modal solution for elastic wave propagation in global earth models. Geophys. J. Int., vol. 152, p. 34-67.
Chaljub E., Tarantola A.  Sensitivity of SS precursors to topography on the upper-mantle 660-km discontinuity. Geophys. Res. Lett., vol. 24, p. 2613-2616.