This scholarship type is available only to those who qualify as third-country nationals, according to the definition of the European Commission (see Available Scholarships Section).
- MSc in Earthquake Engineering (18 months): 37,000€ (Euro)
- MSc in Engineering Seismology (18 months): 37,000€ (Euro)
- MSc in Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology (18 months): 37,000€ (Euro)
The European Commission will finance 3 scholarships for applicants coming from any third-country. In addition, 1 scholarship for every one of the following geographic areas may be available:
- Western Balkans window (Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia and Kosovo - this designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the IСJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence)
- Syria window
Without prejudice to the respect of high academic standards, the European Commission imposes also the following additional selection criteria, which aims at ensuring a geographical balance across the sponsored third-country students:
- no more than 2 of the selected third-country students should come from the same country
The deadline for application to this scholarship is given in here. It is also worth noting that students are expected to make use of the scholarship to cover for tuition fees, living expenses and travelling costs (necessary to reach the Institutions of study). In other words, all incurred costs are under the direct responsability of the student.