Review of seismic performance objectives and code design criteria. Types of seismic analyses: linear and nonlinear procedures. Procedures for evaluating existing buildings. Factors affecting vulnerability of buildings. Vulnerability assessment techniques: seismic response vs. damageability. Introduction to loss estimation and earthquake insurance.
Seismic Vulnerability Assessment
- Middle East Technical University
- EE - Earthquake Engineering
- Fall 2015
- AHMET YAKUT
- Date (from - to):
- 01/09/2015 – 29/01/2016
- Applied Technology Council, ATC‐40, Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Concrete Buildings. California, 1996.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), 1997, NEHRP Guidelines for the Seismic Rehabilitation of Buildings, FEMA 273.
- Ohkubo, M., Current Japanese System on Seismic Capacity and Retrofit Techniques for Existing Reinforced Concrete Buildings and Post‐Earthquake Damage Inspection and Restoration Techniques, Report No. SSRP‐91/02, University of California, San Diego, May 1991.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Rapid Visual Screening of Buildings for Potential Seismic Hazards: A Handbook. FEMA 154, Washington, D.C.: 1988.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Handbook for the Seismic Evaluation of Buildings‐A Prestandard. FEMA 310, Washington, D.C.: 1998.