General features of seismically isolated structures; isolator devices and systems; mechanical characteristics and modeling of isolators; structures with seismic isolation; code provisions for seismic isolation; stability of elastomeric isolators; ground motion characteristics; design examples.
Seismic Base Isolation
- Middle East Technical University
- EE - Earthquake Engineering
- Fall 2015
- UGURHAN AKYUZ
- Date (from - to):
- 01/09/2015 – 29/01/2016
- F. Naeim and J. M. Kelly, Design of Seismic Isolated Structures, Wiley, 1999.
- S. Pinarbasi, U. Akyuz, and G. Ozdemir, “An Experimental Study On Low Temperature Behavior of Elastomeric Bridge Bearings”, 10th World Conference on Seismic Isolation, Energy Dissipation and Active Vibrations Control of Structures, Istanbul, Turkey, 2007.
- Nagarajaiah, S., Xiaohong, S., “Response of Base‐Isolated USC Hospital Building in Northridge Earthquake”, Journal of Structural Engineering, 126, 1177‐1186, 2000