Introduction to masonry and non‐engineered construction. Mechanical properties of clay brick, cellular concrete block, autoclave aerated concrete (AAC) block, adobe and stone masonry units. In‐plane and out‐of‐plane behavior of masonry assemblages and walls. Analytical methods for masonry walls. Seismic design and analysis of masonry buildings. Design principles and code specifications for masonry construction. Repair and strengthening techniques for damaged masonry buildings after earthquakes. Reinforced masonry construction.
Analysis and Design of Structural Masonry
- Middle East Technical University
- EE - Earthquake Engineering
- Fall 2015
- MURAT ALTUG ERBERIK
- Date (from - to):
- 01/09/2015 – 29/01/2016
- T. Paulay, M. J. N. Priestley. Seismic Design of Reinforced Concrete and Masonry Buildings. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1992.
- S. Sahlin. Structural Masonry. Prentice Hall, Engelewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 1971.
- A. W. Hendry. Structural Masonry. Macmillan, Houndmills, Basingstoke, 1998.
- Tomazevic, M, 1999. Earthquake‐resistant design of masonry buildings, Imperial College Press.
- Arya A, Boen T, Ishiyama Y, Martemianov A, Meli R, Scawthorn C, Vargas J and Yaoxian Y (1986). Guidelines for earthquake resistant non‐engineered construction.